06 January, 2012

A KING’S HEART


I woke up this morning and got before the Lord to begin studying His word and as I was turning the pages a passage of scripture from the book of Proverbs seemed to leap out at me and caught my attention! In Proverbs 21:1 it says  THE  KING'S heart is in the hand of the Lord, as are the watercourses; He turns it whichever way He wills. Amplified Bible (AMP)

I have heard this passage of scripture taught from a perspective of God turning men and women who are in positions of authority's heart’s around to agree with His will.  These individuals are usually portrayed as people who are hard hearted, difficult, and insensitive to the things of God. As Christians, we are instructed by the Lord to pray for those who are in authority over us for the prayer’s of the righteous availeth much! I Timothy 2:1-3 say, "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior.")


As I began to meditate on Proverbs 21:1 THE  KING'S heart is in the hand of the Lord, as are the watercourses; He turns it whichever way He wills, God begin to reveal to my heart more about this scripture.  He led me to Revelation 1:5-6 which says …..to Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,  And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever.

He showed me that we are kings and priest in Christ and that when we receive Jesus into our hearts becoming the children of God  our hearts are in His hand and He will directed it courses for good to promote His good pleasure and His will on the land. Isn’t it good to know that the Lord has our hearts and we can expect him to direct us in the way we should go! I find comfort in knowing that my Lord will lead me and guide me on righteous pathways. The paths of His hearts desires for my good and for His glory! I have made the decision to yield to Him in this year 2012 as never before allowing my King to have full dominion over my heart!

As people of God we are to rule and reigns as Kings on this earth meaning we are to walk and live in the authority of Christ today. God has made us kings, and the Bible says in Ecclesiastes 8:4, “Where the Word of a king is, there is power.” As God’s Words carry and transmit power, our words also have in them creative ability to produce for us a harvest of what we say. We are Kings, and kings don’t beg; they make decrees. Job 22:28 says, “Thou shall also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee…..” The reason we can make decree or issue commands and have them established unto us is because we’re acting on the Word; we’re taking our place as God’s King-Priests, ordained to reign in the earth!

Be Blessed and remember these words when the enemy comes at you, remember who you are and whose you are. 

You shall decree a thing and it will be established according to the word of God.

You are created to have dominion, to have more than enough, to be a blessing to many, to be fruitful and to bring Glory, Honour, Power and Praise to our Father God.

Remember this year 2012 when the world is crying that there is a casting down, you the children of God will be saying there is a lifting up. You will be taken care of this year by your Father God. You are the apple of His eyes and He will not allow the destroyer to destroy you, your family and all that belongs to you.

Laverne & Kemi

2 comments:

pacwp said...

so glad to have found you on Bloggymom

Annette Price said...

Well written and insightful. You both encouraged and enlightened me at the same time. You also reminded me of that powerful scripture in Job on decreeing things and it being established. I shall add this scripture to my prayer arsenal regarding on health and healing. Thank God for your sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.